Our Festive Antipasto Holiday Wreath is an amazing party & gathering appetizer idea! Made with peppered salami, mozzarella balls, olives, cherry peppers, artichokes and fresh basil, this is such an easy and healthy appetizer that’s perfect for your celebrations. Just use wooden skewers and lay out each one onto a round platter, and make it easy to transport just by covering with plastic or reusable wrap.
Traditionally, Antipasto is the first course of an Italian meal. It’s a combination of olives, cheese, artichokes, marinaded mushrooms or vegetables and cured meats. Antipasto Skewers are basically using all of these ingredients and putting them on a skewer.
How to Make Antipasto Skewers:
- 30 wood skewers
- 30 baby mozzarella balls
- 30 basil leaves
- 10–15 cherry tomatoes
- 30 slices peppered salami (or regular salami)
- 10 whole artichoke hearts, halved
- 20 large green olives, pitted (you can get flavored if you’d like)
- 30 large black olive or large Kalamata olives
- 10 cherry peppers, halved
- fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish
- First, select the ingredients you’d like to use for your antipasto. (cured meat, various cheeses, vegetables, marinaded vegetables, olives and fresh basil)
- Lay the ingredients out in front of you so they are easily accessible.
- On a skewer, alternate the antipasto ingredients so there is at least one of each item on the skewer.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for up to one day or serve immediately.